Pediatric Physical Therapy in Lodi
Rehabilitating children with special needs is critically important to the experienced health professionals at Excel Physical Therapy in Lodi, CA. Our well-established Pediatric Program seeks to help both the children and their families to enhance the quality of life for these children with special needs.
We work closely with families to make sure all the physical and emotional needs of their child are met.
Our therapists perform evaluations, develop a plan of care and implement treatment and developmentally appropriate activities, identify helpful assistive devices, create solutions for barriers the limit the children interaction with their environment. We will help you and your child achieve the desired results while making the treatment session fun for your child.
Our comprehensive pediatric orthopedic rehabilitation is customized to address a wide range of vital pediatric physical therapy areas such as gross motor development, musculoskeletal deficits, and age-appropriate functional skills.
We utilize therapeutic play techniques, age-appropriate toys, balance/ coordination equipment and therapeutic objects to assist in achieving functional skills.
Conditions of the musculoskeletal system, including:
- arthritic diseases
- spinal malalignments including scoliosis/kyphosis/lordosis
- osteogenesis imperfecta
- sports injuries
- limb deficiencies
- hypotonia/hypermobility leading to joint injury
- other orthopedic conditions (eg, Legg-Calve-Perthes,slipped capital femoral epiphysis, tibia varum, skeletal dysplasia, osteosarcoma-limb salvage)
Conditions of the neuromuscular system, including:
- cerebral palsy
- spinal cord injury
- myelodysplasia (spina bifida)
- traumatic brain injuries, including brain tumors
- developmental coordination disorders
- developmental disabilities
- inflammatory and infectious disorders of the CNS
- autism spectrum disorders
- peripheral nervous system injuries (eg, brachial plexus injuries)
- cerebral vascular accident
Genetic disorders and syndromes such as:
- Down syndrome
- Rett syndrome
- Prader-Willi syndrome
- muscular dystrophy
Metabolic conditions such as:
- mitochondrial disorders
Malnutrition/failure to thrive